We shall endeavor to establish a legal basis to govern downsizing, nationalization and liquidation of missions as follows:
- Expedite the issuance of a Downsizing Policy to ensure equitable, fair and transparent procedures are applied across the board;
- Work on promulgating a policy on the use of the FS Category based on adopted Review of the FS Category to assert that FS Staff are not interchangeable with other categories;
- Incorporate additional international posts within workforce planning to mitigate for absences on Rest and Recuperation and annual leave as well as other types of unforeseen absences such as long-term sick leave;
- Continue to work on refined guidelines for Nationalization to ensure that the concept is not abused as a pretext to cutting FS and P posts and work on promulgating a Nationalization Policy on the use of National Staff Category not overstepping the FS and P categories;
- Ensure that overlapping processes of Civilian Staffing Review, Nationalization and workforce planning aspects do not lead to double retrenchment of posts;
- Ensure a correct implementation of Civilian Staffing and Comparative Reviews;
- Work on making up for delays in the granting of Continuing Appointments for staff who reached five years or more of service under Fixed-Term contracts.
For more information on Job Security, click here.